Assistant Retail Manager
Iowa Cannabis Company is excited to announce an opening for an Assistant Dispensary Manager at our Iowa City location. With a commitment to transforming the dispensary experience into a streamlined, professional medical environment, we’re on the lookout for a dedicated individual to join our innovative team for 40 hours per week. No prior experience in cannabis or dispensaries is required!
We currently operate a robust network of three medical dispensaries within Iowa, alongside a medical cannabis manufacturing facility. Across our operations in Iowa, Washington, and Oregon, we take pride in our 170+ strong workforce that's passionately driving our mission forward. As we continue to expand, this is a thrilling opportunity to play a part in the evolution of the medical cannabidiol landscape, which holds immense promise for enhancing patient life quality across the state.
- Flexible scheduling available within the operating hours of Monday - Sunday, 8 am - 8 pm
- Previous exposure to medical office settings, sales, customer service, or retail environments is a plus.
- Strong interpersonal skills and a customer-focused approach are essential.
- Ability to successfully clear pre-employment screenings, including a criminal background check.
Engage with patients in a friendly and informative manner, ensuring a positive dispensary experience.
- Assist in managing inventory, ensuring the availability and variety of products.
- Collaborate with the team to drive the success and compliance of the dispensary operations.
In return, we offer a supportive work environment, opportunities for professional growth, and a chance to make a real difference in our community. If you’re eager to contribute to a dynamic, fast-paced setting while gaining invaluable industry experience, we invite you to apply and become a part of our growing Iowa Cannabis Company family.
Embark on a rewarding journey in the thriving medical cannabidiol sector. Click ‘Apply Now’ to submit your resume, sharing why you’d be the perfect fit as our Part-Time Dispensary Technician. Your new, impactful career awaits!
- Coordinate and communicate operational functions to upper management and corporate
- Ensure that all patients received outstanding customer service
- De-escalate escalated patients
- Maintain strictest confidentiality in compliance with HIPAA guidelines
- Maintain knowledge on the proper potency and dosage for various medical conditions
- Educate patients about the product and application method
- Provide direct service to customers, including financial transactions, proper entry into database, monitoring of product sold, and labeling purchased product
- Dispense medicine accurately and efficiently through the combined use of innate math skills and the point of Sale (POS) system and cash register within IDPH patient limits
- Maintain strict company controls over inventory and other dispensary asset
- Maintain cleanliness of dispensary through regular dusting, glass cleaning, vacuuming, sweeping, and other company sanitation protocols
- Attend ongoing training as scheduled
- Be willing to work with plants at all stages of growth.
- Harvest plants at the end of their growth cycle
- Ability to work a set schedule, exhibit reliable attendance, and demonstrate punctuality.
- Ability to open and close retail locations and remain on-site for your entire shift (except during breaks).
- Ability to work 40 hours a week.
- Other Duties as assigned
- Job duties may include work indoors and outdoors during all seasons, 365 days/year.
- Employees may be exposed to difficult or stressful vendor, customer, or employee situations requiring patience and professionalism to effectively handle.
- Work duties may require sedentary activities, active standing, stooping and/or kneeling.
- Production facilities and medical dispensaries operate 365 days a year with shifts typically occurring between 6:00 a.m. and 10:00 p.m. Job responsibilities occasionally fall outside of typical shifts.
- Employees are required to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) such as gloves, masks, and safety glasses.
- The production facility may have strong odors and varying temperatures due to the cultivation and processing of cannabis.
- Employees may be required to work in confined spaces, such as plant growing areas or extraction rooms.
- Exposure to potential allergens, such as pollen or plant materials.
- The use of chemicals and pesticides is common in a cannabis production facility, which may require employees to follow strict safety protocols and wear additional PPE.
- Noise levels in the facility may be loud due to equipment or machinery operations.
- The facility has strict security measures, including video surveillance and restricted access, to ensure compliance with regulations and prevent theft.
- Regular cleaning and sanitization of the work area required to maintain a safe and hygienic environment.
- Must be able to regularly lift 50 pounds and occasionally lift up to 200 pounds with assistance.
- Must be able to complete job duties that involve frequent bending, reaching, and carrying of heavy materials or equipment.
- Must be able to stand for up to eight hours per day.
- Must be able to proficiently operate computers, tablets and other productivity machinery and technology.
- Must be able to reliably arrive at work on time for scheduled shifts.
- Must be able to ascend/descend a ladder to service displays, products, or service ceiling lights.
- Must be able to type at least 40 words per minute.
- Must be able to move about the retail store, as needed, to assist customers and perform required functions.
- Must be able to remain in a designated work area for up to eight hours per day with the exception of breaks as required by law.
- Must be able to position oneself to access products within all areas of the production facility.
- Must be able to effectively communicate information and ideas so vendors, customers and coworkers will understand. Must be able to convey and exchange accurate information in these situations.
- Must be able to continue to assist vendors, customers and coworkers during and after stressful situations resulting from interactions.
- Must be able to accurately observe details at close range in order to recognize, identify, detect, determine and assess objects.
- Must be able to prepare, place and position retail products or items.
- Must be able to effectively communicate information displayed on digital screens.
- Must be able to perform other job duties as assigned.
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office or Google Suite
- Must be and remain compliant with any and all regulatory requirements for working in the cannabis industry
- Must be able to internalize training and follow instructions consistently
- Must be able to communicate clearly and effectively
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment criminal background check
- 1-3 years of customer service, retail experience, and/or experience in a medical office setting preferred
- 1-3 years experience in a management role preferred
- Must have a GED or High School Diploma
- Minimum 21 years of age
- Ability to work weekends on a regular basis, work any shift and work overtime as needed
- Must maintain a high level of customer service
- Must demonstrate the ability to lead, manage, motivate and communicate positively to store personnel at all levels
- Ability to train, coach and develop personnel at all levels. We strongly believe in employee development and all members on staff must support and communicate with one another
- Ability to organize and prioritize necessary tasks in order to accomplish goals
Benefits and Compensation:
- Pay starts at $19.23/hr.
- Employee discount includes 50% for Iowa medical cannabis card holders
- Free Employee Assistance Program (EAP) offering in-person, telephonic, texting and video counseling for help with stress, anxiety, depression, family issues, and more.
- Paid Sick Leave (PSL) and Personal Time Off (PTO).
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
- Holiday Pay for anyone working New Years Day, 4/20, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Iowa Cannabis Company is an equal opportunity employer that believes in promoting a diverse workplace and creating a working environment in which all employees are provided with equal employment opportunities. The company will not discriminate against qualified applicants or employees with respect to any term or condition of employment based on race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, age, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition, marital status, veteran status or any other protected class or characteristic established under applicable federal, state or local statute or ordinance.
On May 12, 2017, Governor Terry Branstad signed House File 524 into law, allowing use of medical cannabidiol to treat certain debilitating medical conditions. According to the Iowa Department of Public Health: "The Act provides that a person recommend, possess, use, dispense, deliver, transport, or administer cannabidiol if the recommendation, possession, use, dispensing, delivery, transporting, or administering is in accordance with chapter 124E of the Iowa Code." This law also allows patients and designated primary caregivers to possess cannabidiol and requires the recommendation of a board certified physician.