Who We Are:
Iowa Cannabis Company is the premier medical cannabis dispensary in Iowa dedicated to providing safe access to medicinal cannabis products to qualifying Iowans. Founded in Waterloo in 2018, Iowa Cannabis Company currently operates three medical dispensaries and one medical cannabis manufacturing facility in Iowa.
Our team strongly believes that medical cannabidiol has significant potential to improve quality of life for thousands of patients across Iowa and we are searching for, like-minded, compassionate individuals to join our Iowa City location.
Join our fast paced, innovative organization that is transforming the dispensary experience into a fast and friendly mainstream medical environment. We have over 170 employees across our 3 medical dispensary locations and 4 retail locations located in Washington and Oregon with additional store expansions on the horizon.
Iowa Cannabis Company is seeking a knowledgeable and dedicated Graphic Designer to join our team. This office-based position will be located at our corporate headquarters in Spokane Valley. Join us in the most exciting and fastest-growing industry in Washington, where you can combine your love for cannabis with your administrative expertise! This role will require meticulous attention to detail, strong organizational skills, and a passion for maintaining accurate records. As a Graphic Designer, you will have the opportunity to work alongside a dynamic team of professionals who share your enthusiasm for the cannabis industry. Additionally, you will enjoy the benefit of the largest discount on cannabis products in the industry!
- Assisting in the creation, and co-management of a variety of marketing related projects including promotional sales, corporate messaging, employee training, etc.
- Flexibility to perform other design and marketing duties and tasks as determined.
- Design print and digital advertisements and campaigns.
- Create flyers, banners, posters, etc.
- Create promotional material.
- Creates original visual media that communicates the desired feeling or message in an engaging and unified way.
- Chooses graphics, clip art, and stock photography, as appropriate; may enhance choices with simple drawings.
- Prepares drafts of design work and provides samples to editorial or other appropriate staff or departments for review.
- Manage photo and video library and participation in photo shoots.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Digital Marketing and Website:
- Collaborates with operations and ownership and/or other project participants to understand project assignment, audience, and intended message.
- Assisting in optimization of content campaigns, messaging, and navigation.
- Work collaboratively with management and other graphic designers to build out comprehensive branding guidelines.
- Work collaboratively with management and other graphic designers to make suggestions to improve the brand or to re-brand.
- Ensures that branding guidelines are upheld in all forward facing content.
- Job duties will primarily include work indoors during all seasons.
- Employees may be exposed to difficult or stressful vendor and/or customer situations requiring patience and professionalism to effectively handle.
- Work duties may require sedentary activities, active standing, stooping and/or kneeling.
- Must be able to occasionally lift up to 25 pounds.
- Must be able to sit and/or stand at workstation for up to eight hours per day.
- Must be able to proficiently operate computers, tablets and other productivity machinery and technology.
- Must be able to reliably arrive at work on time for scheduled shifts.
- Must be able to type at least 40 words per minute.
- Must be able to move about the corporate offices, as needed, to perform required functions.
- Must be able to remain in a designated work area for up to eight hours per day with the exception of breaks as required by law.
- Must be able to effectively communicate information and ideas so customers, vendors and coworkers will understand. Must be able to convey and exchange accurate information in these situations.
- Must be able to continue to assist vendors and coworkers during and after stressful situations.
- Must be able to accurately observe details at close range in order to recognize, identify, detect, determine and assess objects.
- Must be able to effectively communicate information displayed on digital screens.
- Must be able to perform other job duties as assigned.
- Must have the ability to work onsite at corporate Spokane Valley location.
- Must have the ability to work 40 hours per week.
- Minimum of 21 years of age.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Graphic Design, or other Business related field
- Must commit to coming to work sober. We love cannabis but we do not get high on the job.
- Successfully deliver on all deadlines and accurately execute in a very fast-paced environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail and project management skills
- Must have portfolio prepared to be considered
Benefits and Compensation:
- Pay range starting between $20.00 - $25.00 DoE.
- Employee discount includes 50% off smokable cannabis products.
- Perfect attendance incentive program.
- Health, Dental and Vision insurance.
- Free Employee Assistance Program (EAP) offering in-person, telephonic, texting and video counseling for help with stress, anxiety, depression, family issues, and more.
- Employee Discount Program offering exclusive discounts from top national retailers.
- Paid Sick Leave (PSL) and Personal Time Off (PTO.)
- Holiday Pay for anyone working New Years Day, 4/20, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Iowa Cannabis Company is an equal opportunity employer that believes in promoting a diverse workplace and creating a working environment in which all employees are provided with equal employment opportunities. The company will not discriminate against qualified applicants or employees with respect to any term or condition of employment based on race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, age, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition, marital status, veteran status or any other protected class or characteristic established under applicable federal, state or local statute or ordinance.