Iowa Cannabis Company in Iowa City, IA is currently looking for a Operations Manager to join our team! Join our fast paced, innovative organization that is transforming the dispensary experience into a fast and friendly mainstream medical environment. Collaborate with team members and see your own creativity come to life through our constant focus on innovation to improve our in-store experience. We currently operate three medical dispensaries in the state of Iowa, as well as a medical cannabis manufacturing facility. We have over 170 employees across our 3 medical dispensary locations and 4 retail locations located in Washington and Oregon with additional store expansions on the horizon. The Operations Manager would play a pivotal role in the company by managing staff, recruitment, hiring, employee recognition, employment law, employee relations, compensation strategy, culture oversight, and training. Candidates must be comfortable with cannabis at a minimum.
The right candidate has 5+ years of retail management experience with a focus on inventory management and controls. Strict adherence to compliance and standards is a must. We are looking for candidates who take pride in organization and excellence, and can instill these virtues in the team they lead.
- Maintains highest level of presentation and customer service
- Provides leadership to assure that all store operations such as cash management, inventory management, inventory receiving, inventory auditing, and marketing are functioning in the most cost efficient and compliant manner
- Performs daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual sales reviews and provides suggestions for improvement to the Director of Retail
- Reviews, maintains and updates all retail SOP’s and assures that any changes are communicated to employees
- Oversees and ensures cash management procedures are being followed including, transacting, opening, closing, depositing, reporting, maintaining and reconciling cash
- Maintains confidentiality of sensitive company information
- Successfully implements change management across many locations.
- Monitors and analyzes the customer service provided by team members while offering appropriate constructive feedback and coaching
- Effective at remote management of employees using teleconference and surveillance tools.
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, management, or related areas
- At least 3-5 years of retail and inventory management experience
- Proven experience managing a team to complete tasks and projects
- Experience working in a technology driven environment
- Effectively utilize project management software to track performance
- Exceptional written, verbal, visual communication and presentation skills
- Can-do attitude with shown ability of adapting to change in business needs
- Self-motivated with excellent organizational skills
- Ability to manage a complex inventory system
- Ability to critically think and solve problems without direction
- Physical requirements include prolonged sitting/standing, some bending, stooping and stretching and occasionally lifting up to 30 pounds
Compensation & Benefits:
- $55,000 to $65,000 Annual Salary Negotiable DOE
- Medical Insurance
- Dental and Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Sick Leave, Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays
- Employee Assistance Program offering in-person, telephonic, texting and video counseling for help with stress, anxiety, depression, family issues, and more
Iowa Cannabis Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Iowa Cannabis Company is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.